My Prayer Today.

Father,

I am a broken soul running to every outlet to bind my wounds...except you. My first instinct is to find an Earthly fix...not you. My heart flutters when I see "that guy/girl"...but not you. My eyes look for answers but they look right over you. 

Why am I in pursuit of the world's next best answer instead of your one true solution? When did I forget that you are seated higher above all? How did I forget that you are my father and that you hold me in your arms?

It's been too long since I truly thought of you as God, the uttermost high King! My thoughts have belittled you to just the "man up stairs." I've stopped thinking about you as the Great I Am. Remind me that you are bigger than anything I face, and at the mention of your name, my problems run away. You speak and something happens. You are the Alpha and the Omega. 

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.” Rev. 22:13

Remind me of who you are when I feel the wind, when I see the stars, and even when I am restless. When I come to you, you show me that you are the Bread of Life. 

“Then Jesus declared, ‘I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.’” John 6:35 

Thank you for giving me a choice. I get to run to you each morning when I wake. Every second I depend on you, my Rock. When I forget that you are my stronghold, your heart comes after me and pulls me back. You rescue me from the deepest depths of sin because you love me. 

“For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ.” 1 Cor. 10:4

I worship and praise you today for just you being you, Mighty God. I get lost in praying for answers or giving you many situations to act on, but now, I just praise you for you. I adore you and everything you are. You are worthy of much more than I can give, but you accept me as I am. 

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Matthew 11:28

Amen. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're the marrying type.

Two Peas In A Pod

When The World Doesn't Choose You...