How To Conquer The Fear Of The Unknown

Like many 2016 high school graduates, I am about to fly out of the nest, and by flying, I mean---I am being thrown out of my house by two crazy people that think I, an 18 year old child, am ready for the reality of an ADULT. Does anyone else have a love/hate relationship with that word? As wonderful as the word "freedom" sounds, it is absolutely terrifying. Even though I have been in a school system for 12 years and I have been sculpted by many great legends for teachers, I constantly feel a sense of fear for the unknown college brings about. So, how do we conquer this fear?

1) Trust God's plan
2) Rely on God's strength 
3) Put your "big girl panties" on

(1) If you are anything like me, then you like to be in control of every situation that is occurring. It is so hard to allow someone else to be the leader because we fear of what others may do, and we want everything done our way...in our timing, but let me be the one to tell you that this is not the right way to live. People, we need help. We are "young" adults. Hint the "young" part. We still need help figuring out what the right path is for our lives. We still need our moms to call and make a hair appointment for us. Trust me, it is okay. Now, I'm not saying that it is not time for us to start being delegated responsibilities, but it is 100% okay to ask for help. Do not let fear control you, and do not let it stop you from running to God. God wants us to run to Him and fall at His feet. He wants us to trust Him with our lives.

Pslam 31:1-5 says...

 I run to you, God; I run for dear life.
    Don’t let me down!
    Take me seriously this time!
Get down on my level and listen,
    and please—no procrastination!
Your granite cave a hiding place,
    your high cliff aerie a place of safety.
 You’re my cave to hide in,
    my cliff to climb.
Be my safe leader,
    be my true mountain guide.
Free me from hidden traps;
    I want to hide in you.
I’ve put my life in your hands.
    You won’t drop me,
    you’ll never let me down.

(2) Okay...I am a very built young lady due to the blessing of my Momma's thick genes, but there is an inner strength that my body lacks. I need a kind of strength that no muscle powder, energy drink, or steroids can give me. I need God's unwavering and powerful strength that will fight my battles each and every day. I need God's wholesome power to unravel itself to me. Many times when I played competitive fast pitch softball, I would pray to God for His strength...not mine. I needed His strength to take over my body and mind. We all have those moments of need where our mental and physical potential is weak, and God's great, mighty hand is our ONLY answer. His strength defeats every enemy and every obstacle. Our weaknesses only heighten God's strength! 



Isaiah 40:29 says...

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak."









(3) There comes a time when we have to step up and choose for ourself to not let our fear define our lives. Fear has already been defeated. Jesus' sacrifice on the cross 2000 years ago conquered all anxiety. We have to make up our mind and strap on the armor of God and take each day as it comes. Why do we still fear for our future when we know in our hearts that Jesus has already won? Are we trying to convince ourselves that Jesus' sacrifice was not enough? It was...is...and forever will be enough to take down our true enemy, Satan. Do not allow each moment of your life to be controlled by your doubts and insecurities. We have to put our "big girl panties" on and step up to the plate. God wants to help those who help themselves. Choose Jesus over fear. Live in the peace that He will walk with you and guide you in each and every decision you make. College and life in general will come at more ease because you are choosing to let God lead your life. 


Ephesians 6:10-13 says...


"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're the marrying type.

Two Peas In A Pod

When The World Doesn't Choose You...